The DfE has announced funding to support students aged 16-19 whose learning was disrupted as a result of the Covid pandemic.
SJWMS commits to using this 16-19 Tuition Fund to deliver small group tuition sessions in order to mitigate the impact of the pandemic on our students.
Support sessions will be delivered to three to five students per group and will augment not replace normal timetabled lessons.
Students who meet the following criteria will be prioritised:
- Those with SEND, particularly where they have experienced additional disruption as a result of their additional needs
- Those with a grade 5 or below in English and/or Mathematics
- Disadvantaged students
- Those whose learning was identified as being seriously affected by the pandemic.
Support sessions will focus on
- Subject specific knowledge recovery and enhancement
- Revisiting particular curriculum areas or topics
- Skills (writing, reading, recall, revision) enhancement
Sessions will be tailored to suit the individual needs of the participants, and will be delivered with a clear understanding of starting points and intended end points in knowledge and skill acquisition, and curriculum revisiting. A mix of teaching and support staff will be used.