We attach great importance to close collaboration between home and school and we are naturally very keen that our new students should settle in as easily and quickly as possible. We will take a number of steps to help your son transition from Year 6 at his primary school to Year 7 at the Math. The current Covid pandemic means many of these will be remote or virtual.
- Language Information: check our website from Monday 8th March to find information about French, Latin and Spanish to help your son make an informed choice about which two languages he wishes to study in Year 7.
- Primary school visits: we will be conducting remote visits to all our new pupils in their primary schools from April, to answer questions and talk to our primary phase teacher colleagues about each child.
- Our virtual new entrants’ welcome event, featuring videos from key staff and information about which House your son will join, occurs in June.
- A weekly ‘mailshot’ of information, guidance, and helpful material, such as welcome messages from our Prefects and reflections from past Year 7 students, will occur throughout May and June.
- Year 7 Induction day, the first day for Year 7 students next year, is scheduled for 31st August 2021.
Enrolment packs will be posted in the next few days and this will contain more information and guidance about what families should do next.
Please ensure the acceptance/refusal form sent with your offer of a school place is returned to us by 31st March 2021.